As I mentioned at the start of the semester, you need to have an audio recorder for the second half of this semester … which starts in a week.
So, by Oct. 8, please have an audio recorder that meets the following standards as decided upon by the Department of Journalism faculty*:
Audio recorders must permit the student to:
- Monitor sound as it is being recorded;
- Manually adjust recording levels;
- Connect an external microphone;
- Produce WAV or MP3 file formats,
- Transfer files without proprietary software.
The following models are recommended:
- Zoom H1 Handy Portable Digital Recorder (Approx. $100) Tascam DR-05 (Approx. $100)
- Tascam DR-07MKII (Approx. $120)
- Zoom H2 or H2n Handy Portable Stereo Recorder (Approx. $200)
- ￼￼￼Zoom H4n Handy Portable Digital Recorder (Approx. $300)
*And when I say “decided upon by the Department of Journalism,” I mean I told them this was good and they nodded in agreement.